What's new with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013?
Work through your to-do list faster.
• Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimised for touch, pen and keyboard.
• An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
• The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you communicate.
Create more visually compelling presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.• Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos and more.
Take advantage of smarter applications.
• Recommended Charts helps you visualise data quickly and effectively in Excel.• Add pictures, videos or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop.
- Latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Office on one PC for business use
- One-off purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferable
- 7 Gb of online storage in SkyDrive
- Free Office Web Apps for accessing, editing and sharing documents
- Improved user interface optimised for a keyboard, pen or touch screen
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
Microsoft Office 365 University gives you all your essential applications, plus cloud services that let you access your Office files and settings from virtually anywhere.
Best value for higher education students who want Office on up to 2 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs. Proof of eligibility is required online before use.
What it includes:
• Install on up to 2 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
• The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access.
• An extra 20 GB of online storage in SkyDrive (27 GB total) for anywhere access to your documents.
• 60 minutes of Skype™ calls to phones in 40+ countries every month.
• Full, streamable versions of Office on any PC with Office on Demand.
• Convenient four year subscription with automatic upgrades.
Now your Office works where you do – on campus or off.
• Be more productive with a full version of Office.
• Sign in to get Office on your PC and Windows 8 tablet, Mac.
• Sign in to your Microsoft account to get to your documents, applications, and settings.
• Latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
• Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools in Outlook.
• Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
Please note: For University and college students, faculty and staff only. Proof of eligibility required after purchase to use this software.
With over 1 billion PCs and Macs running Office, Microsoft® Office is the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite ever. And Office for Mac 2011 is here to help you do more with your Mac your way. Use familiar applications like Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint® to help you take your ideas further. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows®, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. Store your files in a password protected online SkyDrive® folder to access, edit, or share your work from virtually anywhere with the free Office Web Apps.
- Licensed for home and student use on 1 (one) Mac; not for use in any commercial, non-profit, or revenue generating business activities, or by any government organization.
- Office for Mac 2011 includes Mac versions of Word 2011, Excel® 2011, and PowerPoint® 2011; the most familiar and trusted productivity applications used around the world at home, school, and business.
- Reliable compatibility with the over 1 billion Macs and PCs running Office worldwide ensures you have the right tools to create, share, and collaborate with virtually anyone.
- Office for Mac 2011 offers top-of-the-line software with the most complete feature set, so you can deliver impressive, professional-looking documents and presentations.
- Office Web App support: New Office Web Apps let you post, access, edit, and share Office documents from where you want with nearly any computer with a browser.
- Also includes Messenger for Mac 8 enabling you to communicate in real time with audio and video support, and Remote Desktop for Mac 2 so you can drive your Windows-based PC from your Mac.
Great value in a sleek desktop. This desktop set combines a spill-resistant keyboard and optical mouse to deliver all the features you need and more with Microsoft quality and reliability. Enjoy plug-and-play setup, Windows Vista integration, Quiet Touch keys with quick access to media controls and calculator, and a comfortable ambidextrous mouse. H 42.7, W 160, D 456 mm.
Go Anywhere. Stay Connected - You'll appreciate how this wireless mobile mouse comfortably fits your mobile lifestyle and your pocketbook. Whether you're sending email or presenting to a class, you can rely on precise optical tracking to scroll, point, and click smoothly. Plus, roam up to 30 ft away and retain reliable wireless control of your computer. When it's time to pack up and go, you'll hardly notice the tiny transceiver. Leave it plugged into your computer's USB port, or tuck it into the bottom of the mouse for travel. Keep using the mouse for up to 10 month without having to change the batteries, and save power with the convenient on/off switch. Nano Transceiver - Leave the Nano Transceiver plugged in when you're on the go, or stow it in the mouse. Quality Performance - Enjoy quality performance that takes advantage of 1,000-dots-per-inch (DPI) tracking and 2.4-gigahertz (GHz) wireless. 10 month Battery Life - Use your mouse for up to 10 month without having to change batteries. On/Off Switch - Conserve battery power by turning off your mouse when not in use. Comfort - Experience comfortable use of three buttons and a scroll wheel with either hand. H 35.8, W 56.2, D 95.4 mm.
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £9.00
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera gives you bright and colourful video that's perfect for posting to your favourite social sites or making Skype calls.
True 720p HD video (1280 x 720 pixels) at up to 30fps in combination with TrueColour technology automatically delivers bright and colourful video with smooth motion in virtually all lighting conditions. You can also take still photos with a 4 megapixel resolution.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera's integrated microphone includes digital noise reduction technology so you can be heard loud and clear. The software also offers fun video effects.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher); VGA video calling: Intel® Dual-Core™ 1.6Ghz or higher, 1Gb of RAM; 720p HD recording: Intel® Dual-Core™ 3.0Ghz or higher, 2Gb of RAM.Colour: Black.
Best of work and play - bring all the aspects of your life together - create, play, discover, connect, and work.
Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop. Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store. Personalize with more tile sizes, colours, and backgrounds. Do more with side by side views of apps and sites. Access photos and files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in. Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly It plays as hard as it works. Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation.
Now you can organise up to three apps on your screen at once in a single view. The Start screen - Personalize your Start screen with your favourite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customisable colours and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are. The apps you want - In addition to great built-in apps for email, people, photos and video editing - you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Halo: Spartan Assault.
Mouse, keyboard and now touch - Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another. Your files, everywhere - Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Microsoft Office 365 Home features the latest versions of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office wherever you need it.
What it includes:
- Office for the entire household, up to 5 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,2 Publisher and Access.
- 20Gb of online storage in SkyDrive (27Gb total) for anywhere access to your documents.
- 60 minutes of Skype™ calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.
- One convenient annual subscription for the whole household with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date with the latest features and services.
Now your Office is there whenever you need it.
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Each user can sign in to their Microsoft account to get to their documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
- Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools for the entire household.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
Windows 8 is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7, but it’s been improved on all fronts. You can install Windows 8 on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7, and you’ll love how it works on new devices, too. Windows 8 was designed with Windows 7 apps in mind, because you probably have older apps you need to use.
Cloud-connected with your Microsoft account
Sign in to your Windows 8 device with your Microsoft account and you’re immediately connected to the people, files and settings you care about. Your PC comes to life with all the things that make Windows yours, including your Start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favourites.
You can connect your favourite services to your Microsoft account, too, like Hotmail, Messenger, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more. And you can immediately get to your photos, docs and other files, whether they’re on SkyDrive, Facebook, Flickr or other services.
It's all about the apps
In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse great apps, all grouped in easy-to-find categories. We highlight great apps for you and provide quick access to frequently downloaded apps. You can also see how other people have rated apps. You’ll always know what’s interesting, new and popular. You won’t have to worry about buying something you don’t want because you can try before you buy, if the app supports it. If you try an app and like it, you can buy it and continue using the full app with no interruption. You won’t waste time or lose your place.
Get more. Right from the Start. Bring all the aspects of your life together - create, play, discover, connect, and work.
Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop. Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store. Personalize with more tile sizes, colours, and backgrounds. Do more with side by side views of apps and sites. Access photos and files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in. Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly. Protect your data by encrypting it with BitLocker.
What's new in Windows 8.1 Pro - It plays as hard as it works. Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation - all on a single PC.
Your Office. Your Way - Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices. Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse - using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen. Don't forget: Office is not part of Windows 8.
Some features require Windows 8.1. Update available through Windows store for Windows 8 users. Internet access required; fees may apply. System requirements. 1Ghz processor or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 2Gb RAM 20Gb available hard disk space 1366 x 768 screen resolution DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver To use touch, you need a PC that supports multitouch Internet access (fees may apply).
Watching DVDs requires separate playback software Windows Media Centre license sold separately.
Note: If you're running Windows 8, visit the Windows Store for a FREE update to Windows 8.1. If you're running Windows 7, your files will easily transfer. Windows 8.1 is not designed for installation on devices running Windows XP or Windows Vista. B.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Only if you currently have a device running Windows 8.1 (Core) operating system can you upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro (Professional) using this Windows 8.1 Pro Pack (upgrade) product.
Windows 8.1 Pro allows you to connect and share your files and also adds enhanced features if you need to connect to company networks, access remote files, encrypt sensitive data, and access to other more advanced tasks. To access your PC, Microsoft has replaced a standard PIN or password with a swipe gesture; unlock your PC by clicking or swiping present locations you've selected on the lock screen. New functions also allow you to search for your favourite software programs, open, close, hide, resize, or run multiple apps simultaneously with the swipe of a finger or a swipe of the mouse.
Finally, Windows 8 also gives you the ability to 'refresh' it-self to give users a new starting point and a cleaner version of Windows. Use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password, or from accessing your drive by physically removing it from your PC and installing it in a different one.
With Remote Desktop you can connect your PC to a PC in another location, like your work PC to your home PC and use all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you were sitting right in front of your work PC. You can leave apps open at work and then see those same apps on your home PC. Watch, pause, and record HDTV, watch DVDs, listen to your tunes, show off your photos, and enjoy online shows. All in one place with Windows Media Centre - a whole PC entertainment system. System requirements: 1Ghz processor 2G.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £9.00
Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Head Set
- Was £25.00
- Now £21.00
- Save £4.00
- In Stock
The Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headphones with built-in microphone are perfect if you want to chat, game, or listen to music.
Sit back and enjoy the quality digital sound, made even better with comfy leatherette ear pads. With the USB connection, you can get plugged in fast. And when you're ready to talk, the noise-cancelling microphone makes sure you're heard, crystal clear.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, Vista or XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), (excluding Windows XP 64-bit); Hard Drive - 60Mb free; Connectivity USB 1.1 port or higher (USB 2.0 recommended).
From Skype video chats with family and friends around the world to talking to friends old and new while you enjoy online gaming, the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headphones will soon become an essential part of your set-up.Colour: Black.