What's new with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013?
Work through your to-do list faster.
• Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimised for touch, pen and keyboard.
• An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
• The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you communicate.
Create more visually compelling presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.• Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos and more.
Take advantage of smarter applications.
• Recommended Charts helps you visualise data quickly and effectively in Excel.• Add pictures, videos or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop.
- Latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Office on one PC for business use
- One-off purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferable
- 7 Gb of online storage in SkyDrive
- Free Office Web Apps for accessing, editing and sharing documents
- Improved user interface optimised for a keyboard, pen or touch screen
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
Stay connected with the new Office 365 Personal and experience the latest versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. One annual subscription covers 1 PC or Mac + 1 Windows tablet or iPad + easy access on smartphones. Office 365 Personal has the latest version of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office when and where you need it. Just sign in and you can get to your Office files, applications and settings from anywhere. The latest versions of all our best-in-class applications plus cloud services including Skype and OneDrive on 1 PC or Mac, and 1 Windows tablet or iPad. Also, easily install Office Mobile on multiple smartphones - including iPhones and Android phones (Office Mobile is already installed on Windows Phones).
What it includes:
- Office on 1 PC or Mac, 1 Windows tablet or iPad
- Easily install Office Mobile on multiple smartphones - including iPhones, and Android phones (Office Mobile is already installed on Windows Phones)
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote Publisher, and Access
- 20Gb of online storage in OneDrive
- 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 40+ countries
- One convenient subscription with automatic upgrades included so you're always up to date with the latest features and services
Microsoft Office 365 Home features the latest versions of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office wherever you need it.
What it includes:
- Office for the entire household, up to 5 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,2 Publisher and Access.
- 20Gb of online storage in SkyDrive (27Gb total) for anywhere access to your documents.
- 60 minutes of Skype™ calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.
- One convenient annual subscription for the whole household with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date with the latest features and services.
Now your Office is there whenever you need it.
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Each user can sign in to their Microsoft account to get to their documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
- Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools for the entire household.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
The Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard is the perfect device for your living room or home office. It has a full size keyset and an integrated multi-touch trackpad - type, swipe, drag, zoom, and click with ease. It has customisable media hotkeys that put the web and your favourite music, photos, and movies at your fingertips. The keyboard also has a durable design, so there's no need to sweat the bumps, drops, or spills of everyday life. The All-in-One Media Keyboard is all you need for comfortable typing and effortless navigation.
- Integrated multi-touch trackpad provides effortless navigation
- Customisable media hotkeys provide one-touch access to your contentWireless connectivity (USB)
- Durable, spill-resistant design
- Volume controls are positioned for easy access
- Basic keyboard functionality works with select USB HID compliant Smart TVs and gaming consoles
- System requirements Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows RT 8.11, Windows RT, and Windows 7 Proprietary 2.4 GHz Windows 150 MB
- Batteries 2 AAA
See the product documentation for your Smart TV or gaming console to determine if it is compatible with USB HID compliant keyboards. For labour guarantee please contact the helpline on 0844 800 2400.
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £12.00
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera gives you bright and colourful video that's perfect for posting to your favourite social sites or making Skype calls.
True 720p HD video (1280 x 720 pixels) at up to 30fps in combination with TrueColour technology automatically delivers bright and colourful video with smooth motion in virtually all lighting conditions. You can also take still photos with a 4 megapixel resolution.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera's integrated microphone includes digital noise reduction technology so you can be heard loud and clear. The software also offers fun video effects.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher); VGA video calling: Intel® Dual-Core™ 1.6Ghz or higher, 1Gb of RAM; 720p HD recording: Intel® Dual-Core™ 3.0Ghz or higher, 2Gb of RAM.Colour: Black.
Design is suitable for use with either hand. Up to 6 month battery life. Scroll Wheel for easy navigation. Built-In transceiver storage for ultimate portability.
H 100, W 59, D 382.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Microsoft World 2013 helps you create beautiful documents.
What's new in Word 2013
Do more with your docs: Pop in an online video, open a PDF and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free – and it works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
New Read Mode
Enjoy reading with a view that displays your documents in easy-to-read columns on the screen.
Editing tools are removed to minimize distractions, but you still have access to the tools that are always handy for reading such as Define, Translate, and Search on Web.
Double-tap with your finger or double-click with your mouse to zoom in and make tables, charts and images in your document fill the screen. Focus on and take in the information, then tap or click again outside the object to zoom out and continue reading.
Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word remembers where you were– even when you reopen an online document from a different computer!
Watch online videos right in Word, without having to leave the document, so you can stay focused on the content.
Expand and collapse
With Microsoft World 2013 is easy to collapse or expand parts of a document with just a tap or click. Put summaries in headings and leave it to readers to open the section and read the details if they want.
Combining practicality and protection, the Microsoft Surface 2 Type keyboard cover is the perfect accessory for any serious Surface user. From typing long documents to navigating complex software, the Surface 2 Type cover adds laptop functionality to your Surface 2. Simply attach the keyboard cover using the quick magnet connector to gain access to a full keyboard and gesture-compatible track pad - perfect for apps and software that requires laptop precision or control. You can control your music and films with ease too courtesy of quick-access media keys. The Surface 2 keyboard features backlit keys, a handy addition that not only looks great but also makes it easier to see and type in lower light environments. Once attached, you aren't restrict to using the Surface in laptop mode as the touchscreen remains active should you want it to, while engaging tablet-only mode is as easy as folding the keyboard back to the rear of the screen. The super-thin and lightweight design makes transporting the keyboard simple while the durable material protects the screen from bumps and scrapes. Designed specifically for the Surface 2 and Pro 2, the Microsoft Surface 2 Type keyboard cover offers excellent functionality and protection.Colour: Black.
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £12.00
Your wrists will thank you! The Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 is ergonomist approved and helps provide a more natural wrist position that just feels right from the first time you use it. The slim, glossy design saves space and makes a statement on your desktop. Contour: It's familiar, yet modern. All the keys are the same size and in a familiar place, even with the Comfort Curve. The slim, glossy design saves space and makes a statement on your desktop.
Ergonomist-Approved Comfort Curve Design. The Comfort Curve design from Microsoft encourages natural wrist posture and is easy to use. Easy-Access Media Keys. Control your music and videos, and open the Calculator with the touch of a key.Colour: Black.
Only if you currently have a device running Windows 8.1 (Core) operating system can you upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro (Professional) using this Windows 8.1 Pro Pack (upgrade) product.
Windows 8.1 Pro allows you to connect and share your files and also adds enhanced features if you need to connect to company networks, access remote files, encrypt sensitive data, and access to other more advanced tasks. To access your PC, Microsoft has replaced a standard PIN or password with a swipe gesture; unlock your PC by clicking or swiping present locations you've selected on the lock screen. New functions also allow you to search for your favourite software programs, open, close, hide, resize, or run multiple apps simultaneously with the swipe of a finger or a swipe of the mouse.
Finally, Windows 8 also gives you the ability to 'refresh' it-self to give users a new starting point and a cleaner version of Windows. Use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password, or from accessing your drive by physically removing it from your PC and installing it in a different one.
With Remote Desktop you can connect your PC to a PC in another location, like your work PC to your home PC and use all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you were sitting right in front of your work PC. You can leave apps open at work and then see those same apps on your home PC. Watch, pause, and record HDTV, watch DVDs, listen to your tunes, show off your photos, and enjoy online shows. All in one place with Windows Media Centre - a whole PC entertainment system. System requirements: 1Ghz processor 2G.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Create custom apps fast without being a developer
What's new in Access 2013
What’s new in Access 2013? In a word, apps. An Access web app is a new type of database that you build in Access, then use and share with others as a SharePoint app in a web browser. To build an app, you just select the type of data you want to track (contacts, tasks, projects, and so on). Access creates the database structure, complete with views that let you add and edit data. Navigation and basic commands are built-in, so you can start using your app right away.
Getting started with apps
Building an app
Using your SharePoint server or Office 365 site as a host, you’ll be able to build a polished, browser-based database app. Under the hood, Access apps use SQL Server to provide the best performance and data integrity. On the startup screen, click Custom web app.
NOTE: With Access 2013, you can still create traditional desktop databases from scratch. Or, try out a template to create an app, a desktop database, or an Access 2010-style web database.
Quickly add tables to your app using pre-designed table templates. If you’re tracking tasks, search for the Tasks template and click it.
If you see the multiple-table indicator next to a template, that means Access will add commonly used related tables for you so you can get started with a truly relational database. Access creates views for each table that display data from related tables.
Import data from Access desktop databases, Microsoft Excel files, ODBC data sources, text files, and SharePoint lists.
Combining practicality and protection, the Microsoft Surface 2 Type keyboard cover is the perfect accessory for any serious Surface user. From typing long documents to navigating complex software, the Surface 2 Type cover adds laptop functionality to your Surface 2. Simply attach the Keyboard Cover using the quick magnet connector to gain access to a full keyboard and gesture-compatible track pad - perfect for apps and software that requires laptop precision or control. You can control your music and films with ease too courtesy of quick-access media keys. The Surface 2 keyboard features backlit keys, a handy addition that not only looks great but also makes it easier to see and type in lower light environments. Once attached, you aren't restrict to using the Surface in laptop mode as the touchscreen remains active should you want it to, while engaging tablet-only mode is as easy as folding the keyboard back to the rear of the screen. The super-thin and lightweight design makes transporting the keyboard simple while the durable material protects the screen from bumps and scrapes. Designed specifically for the Surface 2 and Pro 2, the Microsoft Surface 2 Type keyboard cover offers excellent functionality and protection.Colour: Magenta.