In this imaginative follow up to the classic Tecmo title Devil's Deception, first released in 1996 on the PlayStation, players can get a taste of what it's like to play on the side of evil. Much like its predecessors, Deception IV: Blood Ties is a strategy focused action game revolving around a deceitful main character known as the Devil's daughter who, assisted by three Daemons, defeats her foes through trickery. Deception IV follows the story of Laegrinna, an animated fragment of an imprisoned Devil's soul, as she battles her enemies by mischievously luring them into strategically placed traps.
From rolling boulders and spiked walls to spring boards, Iron Maidens, human cannons, falling bathtubs and banana peels, the player can choose from a multitude of dramatic, sadistic, and comical traps in order to finish off an enemy. Players will be able to upload their combos online (PlayStation 3 version players can upload their videos to YouTube) or challenge other players to beat their highest-scoring, funniest, or sadistic combos. Other network elements include leaderboards for total Ark (points accumulated in a level), clear time etc as well as uploading and downloading user created missions (Cross Quests). Age from 16 years.
- Over 30 maps across 4 vastly entertaining chapters
- Upload and download trap combo replays: Allow players to watch other users trap combo replays and share their own
- Compete against other player's scores online
- Cross-Save: Share and replay data across PS3 and PS Vita
- Choose between 100 elaborate, sadistic or humiliating traps to create unique killing combinations
- PS Vita: Traps can be set using the Touchscreen