What's new with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013?
Work through your to-do list faster.
• Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimised for touch, pen and keyboard.
• An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
• The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you communicate.
Create more visually compelling presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.• Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos and more.
Take advantage of smarter applications.
• Recommended Charts helps you visualise data quickly and effectively in Excel.• Add pictures, videos or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop.
- Latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Office on one PC for business use
- One-off purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferable
- 7 Gb of online storage in SkyDrive
- Free Office Web Apps for accessing, editing and sharing documents
- Improved user interface optimised for a keyboard, pen or touch screen
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
Best of work and play - bring all the aspects of your life together - create, play, discover, connect, and work.
Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop. Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store. Personalize with more tile sizes, colours, and backgrounds. Do more with side by side views of apps and sites. Access photos and files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in. Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly It plays as hard as it works. Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation.
Now you can organise up to three apps on your screen at once in a single view. The Start screen - Personalize your Start screen with your favourite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customisable colours and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are. The apps you want - In addition to great built-in apps for email, people, photos and video editing - you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Halo: Spartan Assault.
Mouse, keyboard and now touch - Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another. Your files, everywhere - Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Design and deliver beautiful presentations with ease and confidence.
What's new in PowerPoint 2013
Presenter View automatically adapts to your projection set-up, and you can even use it on a single monitor. Themes now come with variations, which make it simpler to hone in on the look you want. And when you’re working with others, you can add comments to ask questions and get feedback.
More choices for getting started
Instead of opening with a blank presentation, PowerPoint 2013 gives you several ways to start your next presentation using a template, a theme, a recent presentation, a not-so-recent presentation, or a blank one.
New, improved presenter tools
Hassle-free Presenter View
Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience only sees the slide. In previous releases, it was difficult to figure out who saw what on which monitor. The improved Presenter View fixes that headache and makes it simpler to work with.
- Use Presenter View on one monitor Presenter View no longer requires multiple monitors. Now you can rehearse in Presenter View without hooking up anything else.
- Zoom in on a slide Click the magnifying glass to zoom in on charts, diagrams, or whatever you want to emphasize for your audience.
- Jump to a slide Use Slide Navigator to browse to other slides in the presentation.
- Automatic set up PowerPoint can automatically sense your computer setup and choose the right monitor for Presenter view.
Manage life and work more efficiently with access to your documents online.
The newest from Office.
Office Home & Business 2013 is designed to help you create and communicate faster with new, time-saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them virtually anywhere.
The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote plus Outlook on 1 PC.
What it includes:
- The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook.
- Office on one PC for business and household use.
- One-off purchase for the life of your PC; non-transferrable.
- 7 GB of online storage in SkyDrive.
- Free Office Web Apps1 for accessing, editing and sharing documents.
- An improved user interface optimised for touch, pen and keyboard.
Work through your to-do list faster.
- Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, with an improved user interface optimised for touch, pen and keyboard.
- An improved look and feel reduces distractions for a better reading experience.
- The new Start screen gives you a selection of recent documents and templates to get going quickly.
Simplify how you communicate.
- Get the latest email, scheduling and task tools in Outlook.
- See your Outlook schedule, an appointment or details about a contact without changing screens.
- Create more visually compelling presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.
- Recommended Charts helps you visualise data quickly and effectively in Excel.
Go Anywhere. Stay Connected - You'll appreciate how this wireless mobile mouse comfortably fits your mobile lifestyle and your pocketbook. Whether you're sending email or presenting to a class, you can rely on precise optical tracking to scroll, point, and click smoothly. Plus, roam up to 30 ft away and retain reliable wireless control of your computer. When it's time to pack up and go, you'll hardly notice the tiny transceiver. Leave it plugged into your computer's USB port, or tuck it into the bottom of the mouse for travel. Keep using the mouse for up to 10 month without having to change the batteries, and save power with the convenient on/off switch. Nano Transceiver - Leave the Nano Transceiver plugged in when you're on the go, or stow it in the mouse. Quality Performance - Enjoy quality performance that takes advantage of 1,000-dots-per-inch (DPI) tracking and 2.4-gigahertz (GHz) wireless. 10 month Battery Life - Use your mouse for up to 10 month without having to change batteries. On/Off Switch - Conserve battery power by turning off your mouse when not in use. Comfort - Experience comfortable use of three buttons and a scroll wheel with either hand. H 35.8, W 56.2, D 95.4 mm.
Quick setup on a reliable keyboard - Out of the box and into your system, this affordable keyboard sets up in an instant, with no software necessary. Plus, it has the features you need, like the 10-key pad and a Windows Start button. When you want to kick back, simply adjust the height of the keyboard and type comfortably. Life should be this simple. Reliable and durable - Quality construction is designed to last. Windows Start Button - Simply press the Windows start button to launch the start menu. Comfortable - Quiet, responsive keys. H 30.1, W 172, D 473 mm.
Microsoft Office 365 features the latest versions of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office wherever you need it.
What it includes:
- Office for the entire household, up to 5 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,2 Publisher and Access.
- 20Gb of online storage in SkyDrive (27Gb total) for anywhere access to your documents.
- 60 minutes of Skype™ calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.
- One convenient annual subscription for the whole household with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date with the latest features and services.
Now your Office is there whenever you need it.
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Each user can sign in to their Microsoft account to get to their documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
- Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools for the entire household.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
*Buy and activate between 18 July and 28 September 2013. (Redemptions must be completed by 31 October 2013). See terms at www.office.com/xbox
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £9.00
Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Head Set
- Was £25.00
- Now £21.00
- Save £4.00
- In Stock
The Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headphones with built-in microphone are perfect if you want to chat, game, or listen to music.
Sit back and enjoy the quality digital sound, made even better with comfy leatherette ear pads. With the USB connection, you can get plugged in fast. And when you're ready to talk, the noise-cancelling microphone makes sure you're heard, crystal clear.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, Vista or XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), (excluding Windows XP 64-bit); Hard Drive - 60Mb free; Connectivity USB 1.1 port or higher (USB 2.0 recommended).
From Skype video chats with family and friends around the world to talking to friends old and new while you enjoy online gaming, the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headphones will soon become an essential part of your set-up.Colour: Black.
Great value in a sleek desktop. This desktop set combines a spill-resistant keyboard and optical mouse to deliver all the features you need and more with Microsoft quality and reliability. Enjoy plug-and-play setup, Windows Vista integration, Quiet Touch keys with quick access to media controls and calculator, and a comfortable ambidextrous mouse. H 42.7, W 160, D 456 mm.
Replacement Guarantee available:
3 Year Protection £9.00
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera gives you bright and colourful video that's perfect for posting to your favourite social sites or making Skype calls.
True 720p HD video (1280 x 720 pixels) at up to 30fps in combination with TrueColour technology automatically delivers bright and colourful video with smooth motion in virtually all lighting conditions. You can also take still photos with a 4 megapixel resolution.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 camera's integrated microphone includes digital noise reduction technology so you can be heard loud and clear. The software also offers fun video effects.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher); VGA video calling: Intel® Dual-Core™ 1.6Ghz or higher, 1Gb of RAM; 720p HD recording: Intel® Dual-Core™ 3.0Ghz or higher, 2Gb of RAM.Colour: Black.
With over 1 billion PCs and Macs running Office, Microsoft® Office is the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite ever. And Office for Mac 2011 is here to help you do more with your Mac your way. Use familiar applications like Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint® to help you take your ideas further. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows®, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. Store your files in a password protected online SkyDrive® folder to access, edit, or share your work from virtually anywhere with the free Office Web Apps.
- Licensed for home and student use on 1 (one) Mac; not for use in any commercial, non-profit, or revenue generating business activities, or by any government organization.
- Office for Mac 2011 includes Mac versions of Word 2011, Excel® 2011, and PowerPoint® 2011; the most familiar and trusted productivity applications used around the world at home, school, and business.
- Reliable compatibility with the over 1 billion Macs and PCs running Office worldwide ensures you have the right tools to create, share, and collaborate with virtually anyone.
- Office for Mac 2011 offers top-of-the-line software with the most complete feature set, so you can deliver impressive, professional-looking documents and presentations.
- Office Web App support: New Office Web Apps let you post, access, edit, and share Office documents from where you want with nearly any computer with a browser.
- Also includes Messenger for Mac 8 enabling you to communicate in real time with audio and video support, and Remote Desktop for Mac 2 so you can drive your Windows-based PC from your Mac.
Curve for Comfort; Flatten to pack.
Enjoy stylish, compact comfort and reliable wireless freedom at your fingertips. Curve it comfortably for use. Then smoothly glide your finger up or down the scroll pad to navigate through a page and the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse responds precisely to the speed of your movement. Use it just about anywhere, even on a rough wood surface or your living room carpet, relying on Microsoft BlueTrack Technology*. While giving a presentation or surfing the Internet, roam 30ft away and retain reliable wireless control of your computer. When you pack up and go, you'll travel in style. Keep the tiny transceiver plugged into your computer's USB port, or tuck it into the underside of the mouse. Flatten the Arc Touch Mouse to turn it off, and slip it into your pocket or bag as easily as a mobile phone. Flexible Design Curve for comfort, flatten to pack. A perfect fit for your hand and your mobile lifestyle. Power On and Off Curve to turn on. Flatten to turn off. No button to switch. A green light flashes to show the battery is working, and then turns off to save battery life. Touch to Scroll Click. Tap. Flick. Control. Quickly brush up or down with your finger to flick into hyperfast vertical scrolling for smooth, intuitive navigation. Scroll slowly with a gentle swipe or quickly with a flick of the finger, then tap to stop. BlueTrack Technology Take advantage of BlueTrack Technology, which combines the power of optical with the precision of laser for remarkable tracking on virtually any surface.
*Perfectly Portable Nano transceiver magnetically attaches to the bottom of the mouse for wireless freedom. *BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces.Colour: Black.