Best of work and play - bring all the aspects of your life together - create, play, discover, connect, and work.
Get to it all from the new Start screen, even your familiar desktop. Discover popular and unique apps in the Windows Store. Personalize with more tile sizes, colours, and backgrounds. Do more with side by side views of apps and sites. Access photos and files virtually anywhere with SkyDrive built-in. Search, browse, and share more securely and quickly It plays as hard as it works. Windows 8.1 gives you the power to quickly browse, watch movies, play games, polish your resume, and pull together a killer presentation.
Now you can organise up to three apps on your screen at once in a single view. The Start screen - Personalize your Start screen with your favourite news, friends, social networks, and apps. Customisable colours and backgrounds and four different sizes of tiles make your device as unique as you are. The apps you want - In addition to great built-in apps for email, people, photos and video editing - you can also download thousands of popular apps from the Windows Store, including Netflix, ESPN, Skype and Halo: Spartan Assault.
Mouse, keyboard and now touch - Windows 8.1 works harmoniously with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both. Whatever kind of device you have, you'll discover fast and fluid ways to switch between apps, move things around, and go smoothly from one place to another. Your files, everywhere - Stay connected to your photos and important files and access them on your phone, tablet or PC with SkyDrive. By signing in with your Microsoft account to any of your PCs running Windows 8.1 and you'll immediately see your own background, display preferences, and settings.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Only if you currently have a device running Windows 8.1 (Core) operating system can you upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro (Professional) using this Windows 8.1 Pro Pack (upgrade) product.
Windows 8.1 Pro allows you to connect and share your files and also adds enhanced features if you need to connect to company networks, access remote files, encrypt sensitive data, and access to other more advanced tasks. To access your PC, Microsoft has replaced a standard PIN or password with a swipe gesture; unlock your PC by clicking or swiping present locations you've selected on the lock screen. New functions also allow you to search for your favourite software programs, open, close, hide, resize, or run multiple apps simultaneously with the swipe of a finger or a swipe of the mouse.
Finally, Windows 8 also gives you the ability to 'refresh' it-self to give users a new starting point and a cleaner version of Windows. Use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password, or from accessing your drive by physically removing it from your PC and installing it in a different one.
With Remote Desktop you can connect your PC to a PC in another location, like your work PC to your home PC and use all of your apps, files, and network resources as if you were sitting right in front of your work PC. You can leave apps open at work and then see those same apps on your home PC. Watch, pause, and record HDTV, watch DVDs, listen to your tunes, show off your photos, and enjoy online shows. All in one place with Windows Media Centre - a whole PC entertainment system. System requirements: 1Ghz processor 2G.MICROSOFT helpline: 0844 800 2400.
Windows 8 is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7, but it’s been improved on all fronts. You can install Windows 8 on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7, and you’ll love how it works on new devices, too. Windows 8 was designed with Windows 7 apps in mind, because you probably have older apps you need to use.
Cloud-connected with your Microsoft account
Sign in to your Windows 8 device with your Microsoft account and you’re immediately connected to the people, files and settings you care about. Your PC comes to life with all the things that make Windows yours, including your Start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favourites.
You can connect your favourite services to your Microsoft account, too, like Hotmail, Messenger, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more. And you can immediately get to your photos, docs and other files, whether they’re on SkyDrive, Facebook, Flickr or other services.
It's all about the apps
In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse great apps, all grouped in easy-to-find categories. We highlight great apps for you and provide quick access to frequently downloaded apps. You can also see how other people have rated apps. You’ll always know what’s interesting, new and popular. You won’t have to worry about buying something you don’t want because you can try before you buy, if the app supports it. If you try an app and like it, you can buy it and continue using the full app with no interruption. You won’t waste time or lose your place.
Microsoft Office 365 Home features the latest versions of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office wherever you need it.
What it includes:
- Office for the entire household, up to 5 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote,2 Publisher and Access.
- 20Gb of online storage in SkyDrive (27Gb total) for anywhere access to your documents.
- 60 minutes of Skype™ calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.
- One convenient annual subscription for the whole household with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date with the latest features and services.
Now your Office is there whenever you need it.
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Each user can sign in to their Microsoft account to get to their documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
- Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools for the entire household.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
Easily discover, visualize, and share insights from your data.
What's new in Excel 2013
The first thing you’ll see when you open Excel is a brand new look. It’s cleaner, but it’s also designed to help you get professional-looking results quickly. You’ll find many new features that let you get away from walls of numbers and draw more persuasive pictures of your data, guiding you to better, more informed decisions.
Top features to explore
Get started quickly
Templates do most of the set-up and design work for you, so you can focus on your data. When you open Excel 2013, you’ll see templates for budgets, calendars, forms, and reports, and more.
Instant data analysis
The new Quick Analysis tool lets you convert your data into a chart or table in two steps or less. Preview your data with conditional formatting, sparklines, or charts, and make your choice stick in just one click.
Fill out an entire column of data in a flash
Flash Fill is like a data assistant that finishes your work for you. As soon as it detects what you want to do, Flash Fill enters the rest of your data in one fell swoop, following the pattern it recognizes in your data.
Create the right chart for your data
With Chart recommendations, Excel recommends the most suitable charts for your data. Simply pick the one that shows the insights you want to present.
One workbook, one window
In Excel 2013 each workbook has in its own window, making it easier to work on two workbooks at once. It also makes life easier when you’re working on two monitors.
Take notes and have them where you want when you need them.
What's new in Microsoft OneNote 2013
OneNote is a digital notebook for capturing, storing, and sharing all kinds of information. Full integration with the cloud means you can free your files from your computer’s hard drive so your notes and information are saved and searchable wherever you go — on nearly any mobile device, tablet, or browser.
Top features to explore
Save and share files in the cloud
The cloud is like file storage in the sky. You can get to it anytime you’re online. In OneNote, it’s easy to save your files to your own SkyDrive account or to your organization’s site. From there, you can easily view, edit, sync, and share your notes and even work together with family members, colleagues, or classmates on the same notes at the same time.
Sync notes across computers and devices
When you store your notebooks in the cloud, you can seamlessly access and use the information you care about and keep it in sync across the OneNote apps on all your favorite devices — including your Windows computer, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Symbian device. You can also use the free Office Web App in virtually any browser.
Draw, sketch, or handwrite notes
Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on any Touch- capable device, such as a Tablet PC or a Windows 8 tablet or slate PC. If you need to share your handwritten notes and care about legibility, OneNote can automatically convert your handwriting to text.
Stay connected with the new Office 365 Personal and experience the latest versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. One annual subscription covers 1 PC or Mac + 1 Windows tablet or iPad + easy access on smartphones. Office 365 Personal has the latest version of the applications you know and love, plus cloud services so you can have Office when and where you need it. Just sign in and you can get to your Office files, applications and settings from anywhere. The latest versions of all our best-in-class applications plus cloud services including Skype and OneDrive on 1 PC or Mac, and 1 Windows tablet or iPad. Also, easily install Office Mobile on multiple smartphones - including iPhones and Android phones (Office Mobile is already installed on Windows Phones).
What it includes:
- Office on 1 PC or Mac, 1 Windows tablet or iPad
- Easily install Office Mobile on multiple smartphones - including iPhones, and Android phones (Office Mobile is already installed on Windows Phones)
- The latest versions of: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote Publisher, and Access
- 20Gb of online storage in OneDrive
- 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 40+ countries
- One convenient subscription with automatic upgrades included so you're always up to date with the latest features and services
Microsoft Office 365 University gives you all your essential applications, plus cloud services that let you access your Office files and settings from virtually anywhere.
Best value for higher education students who want Office on up to 2 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs. Proof of eligibility is required online before use.
What it includes:
• Install on up to 2 PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
• The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access.
• An extra 20 GB of online storage in SkyDrive (27 GB total) for anywhere access to your documents.
• 60 minutes of Skype™ calls to phones in 40+ countries every month.
• Full, streamable versions of Office on any PC with Office on Demand.
• Convenient four year subscription with automatic upgrades.
Now your Office works where you do – on campus or off.
• Be more productive with a full version of Office.
• Sign in to get Office on your PC and Windows 8 tablet, Mac.
• Sign in to your Microsoft account to get to your documents, applications, and settings.
• Latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Sharing and communicating is easier.
• Get all the latest email, scheduling, and task tools in Outlook.
• Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.
Please note: For University and college students, faculty and staff only. Proof of eligibility required after purchase to use this software.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 - Medialess - Home and Student
- Low stock, selling fast
Design and deliver beautiful presentations with ease and confidence.
What's new in PowerPoint 2013
Presenter View automatically adapts to your projection set-up, and you can even use it on a single monitor. Themes now come with variations, which make it simpler to hone in on the look you want. And when you’re working with others, you can add comments to ask questions and get feedback.
More choices for getting started
Instead of opening with a blank presentation, PowerPoint 2013 gives you several ways to start your next presentation using a template, a theme, a recent presentation, a not-so-recent presentation, or a blank one.
New, improved presenter tools
Hassle-free Presenter View
Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience only sees the slide. In previous releases, it was difficult to figure out who saw what on which monitor. The improved Presenter View fixes that headache and makes it simpler to work with.
- Use Presenter View on one monitor Presenter View no longer requires multiple monitors. Now you can rehearse in Presenter View without hooking up anything else.
- Zoom in on a slide Click the magnifying glass to zoom in on charts, diagrams, or whatever you want to emphasize for your audience.
- Jump to a slide Use Slide Navigator to browse to other slides in the presentation.
- Automatic set up PowerPoint can automatically sense your computer setup and choose the right monitor for Presenter view.